- For health and healing for Rev. Jim Rowe, in anticipation of shoulder surgery
- For health and healing for Bill Henderson as he recovers from a broken leg
- For health and healing for Rev. Winston Bone
- For health and healing for Ira Nebrasky, husband of Pastor ElizaBeth Nebrasky, who is undergoing treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma
- For our nation and those who govern
- For refugees and those who come to their aid
- For those affected by violence in their schools, workplaces, and homes
- For our partners in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land as they live amidst the continued Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- For the care of God's creation
- For the unity of this church and its mission
- For MNYS congregations, partners, and leaders
- For ELCA Young Adults in Global Mission Katie Anderson, Erik Bay, and Robyn Cypher, serving in the United Kingdom
- For ELCA missionaries Rev. Bradn Buerkle in Russia, Rev. Jeffrey Martin in Scotland, Rev. Anna Ballan in Sweden, and Rev. Andrew and Greta Willis in Switzerland
- For Bishop Felipe Lozada-Montañez, the staff and people of the Caribbean Synod
- For Bishop Robert Schaefer, the staff and people of the Florida-Bahamas Synod
We envision a synod where everyone in every congregation is praying for every other congregation, one day at a time…asking that the Holy Spirit enter their hearts so that they may be moved to share the good news of Jesus Christ.
Our prayer calendar serves to encourage our many prayer partners to hold a congregation of the synod in prayer every single day of the year. In this way, each of our congregations will have been prayed for at least once in 365 days. The prayer calendar is widely shared throughout the synod. Many congregations print the prayer calendar in their Sunday bulletins week by week. During the intercessory prayers at worship on Sunday mornings, congregations and pastors are added to the petitions.
Each worshiping community, then, becomes intentional about lifting up all the brothers and sisters in Christ, no matter how far their worship spaces may be from the praying community.
Daily and Seasonal Resources