- For the friends and family of Orie Mills, father of Pastor Gary Mills, who died in Christ on December 26
- For health and healing for Horace Beasley, AiM, who is hospitalized with a severe infection
- For health and healing for Pastor Winston Bone
- For refugees and those who come to their aid
- For those affected by violence in their schools, workplaces, and homes
- For our partners in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land as they live amidst the continued Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- For health and healing for Ira Nebrasky, husband of Pastor ElizaBeth Nebrasky, who is undergoing treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma
- For the care of God's creation
- For the unity of this church and its mission
- For MNYS congregations and their leadership
- For ELCA Young Adults in Global Mission Miriam Bohlmann Kunz, Shannon Brice, and Dennis Brink, serving in Hungary
- For ELCA missionaries Rev. Rachel Eskesen, Zach Courter, Annie Skivington, serving in Hungary,
- For ELCA missionaries Ella Myer, Rev. James and Diane Wagner, serving in Lithuania
- For Bishop Martin Wells, the staff and people of the Eastern Washington-Idaho Synod
- For Bishop Richard Jaech, the staff and people of the Southwestern Washington Synod
We envision a synod where everyone in every congregation is praying for every other congregation, one day at a time…asking that the Holy Spirit enter their hearts so that they may be moved to share the good news of Jesus Christ.
Our prayer calendar serves to encourage our many prayer partners to hold a congregation of the synod in prayer every single day of the year. In this way, each of our congregations will have been prayed for at least once in 365 days. The prayer calendar is widely shared throughout the synod. Many congregations print the prayer calendar in their Sunday bulletins week by week. During the intercessory prayers at worship on Sunday mornings, congregations and pastors are added to the petitions.
Each worshiping community, then, becomes intentional about lifting up all the brothers and sisters in Christ, no matter how far their worship spaces may be from the praying community.
Daily and Seasonal Resources