Lutheran Services New York Alliance
The Alliance continues the work of its predecessor United Lutheran Appeal
in helping fund the ministries of our member agencies, while owning a wider vision expressed in its Mission and Vision Statements; particularly expressed in the Alliance sponsored Clinical Pastoral and Spiritual Education Program.
Our Mission: Supporting one another and working together to further the church’s mission by addressing and advocating for human care needs in the public square.
Our Vision and Purpose: Lutheran Services New York Alliance seeks to serve as an identifiable public face and voice for excellence, quality and best practices in Lutheran human care services by partnering with members, ecumenical, interfaith and other organizations to develop and strengthen collaborative efforts in the greater Metropolitan New York area.
Our Core Values:
- Freedom to serve and risk
- Excellence of service delivery
- Service with the most vulnerable
- Vocational dignity
- Grateful stewardship
- Express fully our fundamental connectedness
Our Strategic Objectives:
- Freedom to Serve and Risk: Strengthen our role as an agent of the church through which joint strategic planning facilitates mission and ministry
- Excellence of Service Delivery: Recognize that ‘the whole is greater than the sum of the parts’
- Grow the spectrum of quality services
- Service with the Most Vulnerable: Join with congregations, other expressions of the church’s mission, interfaith partners and others to address community needs
- Vocational Dignity: Become the employers of choice for competent, committed staff who provide quality service and mission-inspired leadership
- Grateful Stewardship: Build and maintain financial resources to respond to new opportunities
- Express fully our Fundamental Connectedness: Be an identifiable face and voice for Lutheran services to the community and stakeholders