Young Adult Network Coordinator
The Metropolitan New York Synod is seeking a part-time Young Adult Network Coordinator. Thanks to a generous grant from the ELCA, MNYS plans to launch a Young Adult Ministry Network in 2019 that will connect young adults with existing ministries and help incubate new young adult ministries across our territory. The Young Adult Network Coordinator will be responsible for creating the network through relationship building, communications, leadership development, and event planning, among other responsibilities.
A part-time (20 hour/week) Young Adult Network Coordinator will work at the synod level to build up relationships with congregations, identify ministry opportunities, support liaisons in conferences, and run the communications for the Network. This person will also plan an annual weekend retreat for young adults across in the synod in order to build relationships across conferences. Through their engagement with young adult ministries throughout Metro New York, this coordinator will help identify gifted young adult leaders who can be invited to serve at the synodical level. This person will serve as the shepherd of this network and help to build up an infrastructure that can function for years to come.
Specific duties include:
- Connect with congregations and ELCA ministries to identify existing young adult ministry programming
- Connect congregations with each other in order to enhance or expand existing young adult ministry programming
- Identify a young adult liaison in each conference, as well as a specific young adult liaison of color, and support these liaisons in developing pilot young adult ministry programs.
- Publicize existing and new young adult ministry programs, which includes but is not limited to creating and managing Network communications, including email, social media and a website.
- Plan and run a Young Adult Retreat
The ideal candidate will have familiarity with the Metropolitan New York Synod and experience in and passion for ministry with young adults.
The Young Adult Network Coordinator is a year-long, contract position. Compensation is $20/hour.
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest and the gifts you would bring to this position, to Deacon Margy Schmitt Ajer, Assistant to the Bishop for Congregations, at [email protected]
Materials due March 1.
Start date is ideally April 1, with some flexibility depending on the candidate.