We're Praying for...
• For MNYS Office Administrator, Ardath Heard, who was hospitalized this past weekend due to heart irregularities
• Our work toward shaping a more inclusive church that welcomes and affirms all of God's people, specifically our LGBTQIA+ brothers, sisters, and siblings
• The well-being of asylum-seeker children in detention centers
• Those who have no one to pray for them
• In thanksgiving for the Ministry of MNYS Bishop Donald J. McCoid
• MNYS Bishop-Elect Paul Egensteiner, and his congregation in Pleasantville
• The asylum seekers who are waiting to be processed at our southern border
• Refugees and immigrants, and those who come to their aid
• Those affected by violence in their schools, workplaces, and homes
• The unity of this church and its mission
• MNYS congregations, partners, and leaders
• Peace in our world
• Peace in our nation
• The care of God's Creation
• ELCA Young Adults in Global Mission, Katie Evans and Calla Gilson, serving in Israel/ Palestine
• ELCA missionaries Caleb Ranum and Carol Schwantes, teachers serving in Slovakia
• Bishop Dr. Abednego Nkamuhabwa Keshomshahara, the staff, and the people of our partner organization, the North Western Diocese of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania
• Bishop Michael L. Rhyne, the staff, and the people of the Allegheny Synod
Do you have a prayer request? Let us know.
We envision a synod where everyone in every congregation is praying for every other congregation, one day at a time…asking that the Holy Spirit enter their hearts so that they may be moved to share the good news of Jesus Christ.
Our prayer calendar serves to encourage our many prayer partners to hold a congregation of the synod in prayer every single day of the year. In this way, each of our congregations will have been prayed for at least once in 365 days. The prayer calendar is widely shared throughout the synod. Many congregations print the prayer calendar in their Sunday bulletins week by week. During the intercessory prayers at worship on Sunday mornings, congregations and pastors are added to the petitions.
Each worshiping community, then, becomes intentional about lifting up all the brothers and sisters in Christ, no matter how far their worship spaces may be from the praying community.
Download the current Prayer Calendar:
Daily and Seasonal Resources
Resources for digging
deeper in the Bible.
Downloadable Bible studies
based on the lectionary.