We're Praying for...
- All people, of all nations, affected by the coronavirus crisis
- MNYS congregations, partners, and leaders
- Our black and brown siblings who are experiencing and fighting against racism
- Our essential workers and their families as they serve and support our communities in these unprecedented times
- Our public health officials and health care professionals caring for the sick and their families
- Our scientists and researchers focused on developing a vaccine
- Our workers and business owners who suffer loss of livelihood due to shut-downs, quarantines, closed borders, and other restrictions
- Those who have been laid off
- Family members and loved ones quarantined in nursing/rehab facilities
- Those tempted to hoard
- Those dealing with funerals in this COVID-19 season
- Our Asian siblings who are living in additional fear as they are experiencing an increase in racism and violence during this pandemic
- Pastors who may go unpaid
- Bishops navigating muddy waters
- Peace and calm
- Those who have no one to pray for them
- Our work toward shaping a more inclusive church that welcomes and affirms all of God's people, specifically our LGBTQIA+ brothers, sisters, and siblings
- The well-being of asylum-seeker children in detention centers
- The asylum seekers who are waiting to be processed at our southern border
- Refugees and immigrants, and those who come to their aid
- Those affected by violence in their schools, workplaces, and homes
- The unity of this church and its mission
- Peace in our world
- Peace in our nation
- The care of God's Creation
Let Us Pray, TOGETHER!
Where hearts are fearful and constricted, grant courage and hope.
Where anxiety is infectious, grant peace and reassurance.
Where impossibilities close every door and window, grant imagination and resistance.
Where distrust twists our thinking, grant healing and illumination.
Where spirits are daunted and weak, grant soaring wings and strengthened dreams.
We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.
We envision a synod where everyone in every congregation is praying for every other congregation, one day at a time…asking that the Holy Spirit enter their hearts so that they may be moved to share the good news of Jesus Christ.
Our prayer calendar serves to encourage our many prayer partners to hold a congregation of the synod in prayer every single day of the year. In this way, each of our congregations will have been prayed for at least once in 365 days. The prayer calendar is widely shared throughout the synod. Many congregations print the prayer calendar in their Sunday bulletins week by week. During the intercessory prayers at worship on Sunday mornings, congregations and pastors are added to the petitions.
Each worshiping community, then, becomes intentional about lifting up all the brothers and sisters in Christ, no matter how far their worship spaces may be from the praying community.
Download the current Prayer Calendar:
Daily and Seasonal Resources
Resources for digging
deeper in the Bible.
Downloadable Bible studies
based on the lectionary.