We're Praying for...
- The ELCA Churchwide Assembly which begins on Monday, August 5
- For MNYS Office Administrator, Ardath Heard, who was hospitalized this past weekend due to heart irregularities
- The Rev. Aaron Baughman and his wife Patty Baughman, and for St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, Port Jervis in this time of transition
- The health of Lois Hoger (Pastor Donald Hoger’s widow), a member of St. Timothy’s Lutheran, Hyde Park - Missouri Synod
- The family and friends of The Rev. Dr. Lee H. Wesley, who died in Christ on July 13
- All affected by the shootings in Brooklyn, NY; and Gilroy, California
- Our work toward shaping a more inclusive church that welcomes and affirms all of God's people, specifically our LGBTQIA+ brothers, sisters, and siblings
- The well-being of asylum-seeker children in detention centers
- Those who have no one to pray for them
- The asylum seekers who are waiting to be processed at our southern border
- Refugees and immigrants, and those who come to their aid
- Those affected by violence in their schools, workplaces, and homes
- The unity of this church and its mission
- MNYS congregations, partners, and leaders
- Peace in our world
- Peace in our nation
- The care of God's Creation
- ELCA Young Adults in Global Mission, Hannah Johnsrud and Charles (Phifer) Nicholson, serving in Israel/ Palestine
- ELCA missionaries Nicholas and Naomi Sveholm, and Deborah Zudell-Dickey, teachers serving in Slovakia
- Bishop Dr. Abednego Nkamuhabwa Keshomshahara, the staff, and the people of our partner organization, the North Western Diocese of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania
- Bishop James Dunlop, the staff, and the people of the Lower Susquehanna Synod
Do you have a prayer request? Let us know.
We envision a synod where everyone in every congregation is praying for every other congregation, one day at a time…asking that the Holy Spirit enter their hearts so that they may be moved to share the good news of Jesus Christ.
Our prayer calendar serves to encourage our many prayer partners to hold a congregation of the synod in prayer every single day of the year. In this way, each of our congregations will have been prayed for at least once in 365 days. The prayer calendar is widely shared throughout the synod. Many congregations print the prayer calendar in their Sunday bulletins week by week. During the intercessory prayers at worship on Sunday mornings, congregations and pastors are added to the petitions.
Each worshiping community, then, becomes intentional about lifting up all the brothers and sisters in Christ, no matter how far their worship spaces may be from the praying community.
Download the current Prayer Calendar:
Daily and Seasonal Resources
Resources for digging
deeper in the Bible.
Downloadable Bible studies
based on the lectionary.