We're Praying for...
- The students and staff of Michigan State University as they work to recover from yet another mass shooting on Monday, February 13. We pray for the families of the lost Arielle Anderson, Brian Fraser, and Alexandria Verner during this time of mourning.
- May we continue to pray for those affected by senseless violence in their schools, workplaces, and homes and for an end to this unceasing grief.
- The people of East Palestine, Ohio, as they try to recover from a devastating train derailment that exploded toxic chemicals into the environment from the Norfolk Southern railway.
- May we continue to pray for those overworked and underpaid, trying to unionize, and those working in dangerous environments that keep our nation running.
- The people of Turkey and Syria as they recover from a devastating 7.8 magnitude earthquake on Monday, February 6.
- The anti-racism and anti-bias efforts in our synod as we strive to build a more inclusive and just community
- Our BIPOC/MENA siblings who are experiencing and fighting against racism
- The descendants of the Indigenous Peoples of this nation
- The well-being of asylum-seeking children in detention centers
- Refugees and immigrants, and those who come to their aid
- The health and safety of the women of this country affected by the June 24, 2022, ruling of the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade, upending 50 years of legal precedent declaring a right to safe healthcare & bodily autonomy
- The sovereign nation of Ukraine and its people
- Our work toward shaping a more inclusive church that welcomes and affirms all of God’s people, specifically our LGBTQIA+ siblings
- Those struggling with grief, sickness, or injury
- Those who have no one to pray for them and those in need of extra support
- Our Synod Council Officers and Representatives
- Peace and calm
- Peace in this nation
- Peace in our world
- The care of God’s Creation
Let Us Pray TOGETHER!
Where hearts are fearful and constricted, grant courage and hope.
Where anxiety is infectious, grant peace and reassurance.
Where impossibilities close every door and window, grant imagination and resistance.
Where distrust twists our thinking and grants healing and illumination.
Where spirits are daunted and weak, grant soaring wings and strengthened dreams.
We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.
Daily and Seasonal Resources
Resources for digging
deeper in the Bible.
Downloadable Bible studies
based on the lectionary.