In his Commentary of Romans, Martin Luther wrote, "Faith is a living, busy, active, mighty thing." This is most certainly true in looking at our 2016 Year in Review. In these reports to our assembly, you can hear from staff, partners, deans, and committees about their life and ministry. Here are some highlights:
- See recaps of major events from in our synod such as our 2016 Synod Assembly, anti-racism trainings, and the kick off to the Reformation 500 year. There are also recaps from our wider church including the 2016 Churchwide Assembly (pages 2-3).
- Our Synod Council conducts the business of the synod in between assemblies. Read what they have done since last year (pages 5-11).
- See what our synod staff have been up to, from global to congregational connections, to ecumenical and interfaith partnerships, and supporting new and continuing ministries (pages 12-33).
- Read more about our strategic plan (page 1) and the work each of each strategy area (pages 34-39).
- Celebrate and pray for the leaders in our synod who are celebrating anniversary years (pages 40-41).
- Hear more from our conference deans on their ministry and collegiality in a local context (pages 42-52).
- See how our committees and task forces continue a wide range of ministries and learn how your congregation can get involved (pages 53-64).
- Read about various partner organizations and the how your congregation can support their work (pages 65-87).
- Learn more about our synod’s finances. See an infographic about grants and ways that we support your ministry (page 4) and see full financial statements and budgets (starting on page 88).
View the 2016 Year in Review here.